Zenkit Comment Policy
At Zenkit, we strive to post helpful, informative, and timely content. We want you to feel welcome to comment with your own thoughts, feedback, and critiques, however we do not welcome inappropriate or rude comments. We reserve the right to delete comments or ban users from commenting as needed to keep our comments section relevant and respectful.
What we encourage:
- Smart, informed, and helpful comments that contribute to the topic. Funny commentary is also thoroughly encouraged.
- Constructive criticism, either of the article itself or the ideas contained in it.
- Found technical issues with the site? Send an email to email@example.com and specify the issue and what kind of device, operating system, and OS version you are using.
- Noticed spam or inappropriate behaviour that we haven’t yet sorted out? Flag the comment or report the offending post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we’d rather you avoid:
Rude or inappropriate comments
We welcome heated discourse, and we’re aware that some topics cover things people feel passionately about. We encourage you to voice your opinions, however in order for discussions to remain constructive, we ask that you remember to criticize ideas, not people.
- ad hominem attacks
- responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
- knee-jerk contradiction
Comments that we find to be hateful, inflammatory, threatening, or harassing may be removed. This includes racist, gendered, ableist, ageist, homophobic, and transphobic slurs and language of any sort. If you don’t have something nice to say about another user, don't say it. Treat others the way you’d like to be treated.
Trolling or generally unkind behaviour
If you’re just here to wreak havoc and have some fun, and you’re not contributing meaningfully to the discussions, we will take actions to remove you from the conversation. Please also avoid flagging or downvoting other users’ comments just because you disagree with them.
Every interpretation of spamming is prohibited. This means no unauthorized promotion of your own brand, product, or blog, unauthorized advertisements, links to any kind of online gambling, malicious sites, or otherwise inappropriate material.
Comments that are irrelevant or that show you haven’t read the article
We know that some comments can veer into different topics at times, but remain related to the original topic. Be polite, and please avoid promoting off-topic commentary. Ditto avoid complaining we failed to mention certain topics when they were clearly covered in the piece. Make sure you read through the whole piece before saying your piece!
Breaches of privacy
This should really go without saying, but please do not post personal information that may be used by others for malicious purposes. Please also do not impersonate authors of this blog, or other commenters (that’s just weird).