Zenchat seamlessly combines team chat and task management
Zenkit team releases chat app with built-in task management functions to enable holistic collaboration in teams
November 5, 2020 – Karlsruhe, Germany: The team behind award-winning project management solution Zenkit releases Zenchat, a collaboration app that seamlessly combines chat and task management for a more complete communication experience. Zenchat will be available on all app stores and as desktop versions.
The use of chat apps as a normal or even necessary part of work has been rising in recent years, and the increasing number of people working from home due to COVID has only caused its use to skyrocket in 2020.
According to a September 2020 Statista report, “There was a more than 100 percent increase in the number of enterprise devices installed with collaboration apps at the end of March, 2020 compared to pre-COVID level, and a 176 percent increase in mid May, 2020.”
Additionally, the global online collaboration market is expected to grow to $59.86 billion by 2023, based on a predicted CAGR of 11.6% from 2018 to 2023” according to Markets & Markets.
“People love to chat. It’s human nature. But chat apps don’t provide the structure needed for sustainable productivity like lists and Kanban boards do” says Zenkit CEO Martin Welker.
“So we have a catch-22: People don’t want to leave their chat, but they have to in order to track their work. When you use an external app to manage tasks, you lose all the valuable commentary and feedback related to that task because—let’s face it—you’d always rather have a quick chat about something than use the comment function in a task app.”
“With Zenchat we aim to solve that problem by meeting people where they are.”
- Zenchat is the first chat app that seamlessly integrates task management into your messages:
- Quickly turn any message into a task & assign or edit within your chat. Never switch apps for routine task management again.
- Get in the habit of directly chatting about tasks so valuable information stays where it belongs.
- Optionally see chats related to all tasks in a project, or choose to focus only on your tasks.
- Optionally connect to the Zenkit Universe to see your tasks in advanced views like Kanban, Gantt, to do list apps, and vice versa!
- Like other Zenkit products, Zenchat is enterprise-ready: SSO, SCIM provisioning, admin tools, identity management & more.
- Zenchat is a free app with an optional paid plan.
About Zenkit: Zenkit is a startup formed under Axonic Informationssysteme GmbH, a German company founded in 2003. The SaaS project management and collaboration platform was launched in October of 2016. Zenchat, the third product in the Zenkit Suite, was developed and released by Zenkit.