Zenkit als Smartsheet Alternative
Smartsheet is a spreadsheet program designed for collaboration and work management. With an interface reminiscent of Excel, it can be used flexibly and offers robust project management features.
While it is a feature-rich software, the downside is that some users may find the tool too complex, thus making it not user-friendly. And being headquartered in the United States, the server location information provided on their website states that it’s only within the USA.
So, what if you want a secure and intuitive software that focuses on streamlined project management?
Since the beginning of development, Zenkit has been focused on flexible and practical project management by offering you an intuitive interface and a large number of well-developed features.
Our software can be used for projects of any kind and complexity. Whether it’s simple task management or extensive team projects, Zenkit offers you the right tool for every phase of your project.
Like Smartsheet, Zenkit users also have kanban, list, and calendar views at their disposal. In addition, it allows you to switch from the above-mentioned views to a mind map and hierarchy view at any time
Zenkit has a secure server location in Frankfurt, Germany (ISO27001 certified) and complies with all DSGVO guidelines. While Smartsheet claims to be compliant with the DSGVO, users should be aware that, depending on the server location, national data protection laws apply. And these allow, for example, the American state and US authorities to gain access to data on US servers contrary to EU directives.
|Mind Map View|
|Hierarchy View (incl. main and subtasks)|
|To-do list View|
|Data aggregation & formulas|
|Linked table fields|
|GDPR and server location|
|Server location in Germany|
|Clear structure and intuitive use|
|Basic project management functions|
|Comments, reminders, assign tasks...|
|Extended project management functions|
|Create items by email|
|Outline level for subitems (subitem X is a subtask to subitem Y)||only one level available|
|Hierarchy level filter|
|Wide range of integrations||limited number|
|Windows, Linux, macOs, Snapcraft|
|Web-App, Android, iOs, Microsoft|
At a glance
- Powerful spreadsheet program
- Basic project management functions
- Gantt chart
- Complex learning phase
- Complex design
- US server location (EU directives do not applyt)
- any project management functions need to be programmed as a formula
- No mind map, to-do lists, wiki and hierarchy view
- Few functions for complex project management
- No low levels for subtasks
- Limited number of integrations with other apps
- Intuitive and uncomplicated learning phase
- Simple, clear user interface
- German server location (EU directives apply)
- 8 views (mind map, hierarchy, table, kanban, calendar, to-do list, wiki, Gantt)
- Extended project management functions
- More structure in mind map and kanban boards thanks to subtask structuring in several levels
- Wide range of integration options
Disclaimer: All registered trademarks, company names and brand names used on this website are the property of their respective owners. Zenkit has no affiliation with any other products mentioned on this page. Data on features are taken directly from related web sites and marketing materials as of November 2017. Information and features are subject to change. To report corrections, please contact us via email at contact us.