If you’ve visited our blog before, you’ve probably read about how great Zenkit is for Kanban, building mind maps, creating editorial calendars, and much more. But did you know that Zenkit is also a really great list manager? Zenkit’s list view combined with the task-list add-on can even give Wunderlist a run for its money!
Despite Microsoft’s purchase of Wunderlist in 2015 (that’s four years ago!), and news of its replacement by Microsoft To Do, it’s still one of the top 100 productivity apps in the app store. That being said, recent updates to Microsoft To Do that make it more Wunderlist-like than ever may finally herald the final few months for Wunderlist.
With our direct Wunderlist import, it’s a cinch to make Zenkit the new home of your to-dos, reminders, and projects.
Zenkit as a Wunderlist Alternative
There are many things that make Zenkit a great Wunderlist alternative. It has all the basics, like the list view, the easy-to-use checkboxes from the task-list add-on, favorites, due dates, reminders, attachments, and more. The brand new hierarchy view and subtasks are like what Wunderlist would probably have evolved into (we think), if they’d not been purchased by Microsoft. However, unlike Wunderlist, you can be sure that Zenkit will be around for the next 5, 10, and 50 years!
If you’re looking to make the switch, here are the top 6 Zenkit features that will make any Wunderlist user not only feel right at home, but also excited about all the other options they have before them:
- List view: Like any good task manager, Zenkit has a list view, plain and simple. Anyone who’s used a list based productivity app (be it Wunderlist, Todoist, or any other) will be familiar with it.
- The task list add-on: The task list add-on gives you the satisfaction of ticking things off your list. What makes it special is that it doesn’t just move you from ‘to-do’ to ‘done’, you can pick any combination of labels you like!
- My Favorites: Like Wunderlist, Zenkit gives you the option to mark certain list items as a favorite. Favorite items appear in your Favorites – a separate section of the app that has your most important tasks front and center!
- Custom fields: So… Wunderlist had all that stuff. What’s the difference? Well, custom fields in Zenkit mean that your lists are way more flexible and more powerful than you’d think!
- Subtasks: Sometimes a simple list doesn’t cut it – some tasks really need to be broken down into smaller parts to get a better handle on them. Zenkit’s subitems take that breakdown to a whole new level. (And we like to think it’s what Wunderlist could have been!)
- More ways to view your work: With Zenkit, you’re not just stuck in a list. We know that with bigger, more complex projects come bigger, more complex requirements. Multiple views mean you always have the right tool for the job.
- Bonus feature: You can import your lists directly into Zenkit! Don’t bother exporting your Wunderlist data and trying to figure out how to upload it to your new app of choice – Zenkit can connect with Wunderlist directly and import all of your lists with task completion and favorites intact!
Switching from Wunderlist to Zenkit
Our direct import feature means that you can easily move your lists, projects, inbox, and even favorites into Zenkit in moments. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Create a free Zenkit account (if you don’t already have one)!
Step 2: Click the ‘+ New Collection’ icon on your homepage to create a new collection, and choose ‘Import’ from the list.
Step 3: Choose Wunderlist from the list of import options.
Step 4: Give Zenkit permission to access your Wunderlist data by logging in to your Wunderlist account.
Step 5: Once you’re logged in, a list of all your Wunderlist lists will appear in Zenkit. Click on the name of the list you want to import, then click ‘Import’.
Step 6: Your Wunderlist list will appear as a collection on your Zenkit homepage.
Step 7: Open the new collection and start working!
That’s it! Once you’ve signed in to your Wunderlist account from Zenkit once, you’ll never have to do it again, so importing the rest of your list can be done in just a few clicks 🙌
Now it’s time to get productive – use Zenkit to track your projects, share files, collaborate on tasks, write out your shopping lists, or plan your next big event. We can’t wait to see how you’ll use it! Need a refresher on just how it all works? Check out our extensive Knowledge Base.
Siobhan and the Zenkit Team